15 THINGS ONLY A REAL FOOTBALLER UNDERSTANDS
1 Nov 13:09 Daisy Garcia Montoya
For the love of the game, you tolerated a lot of things. Some of them you genuinely loved, others not so much. Still, those moments were unforgettable and will live in your memory forever.
- There was nothing you feared more than getting hit with this ball in the rain. You would be guaranteed a black out if you were.
- Arm muscle?? I don’t know her. But it didn’t matter because those thighs and calves were always looking nice regardless.
- Even if you decided to take the time to apply sunscreen on...which you never did...the farmer’s tan would be inevitable. With an added bonus of the sock tan that would never fade.
- It felt like your birthday all over again whenever you got a new pair of these.
- When someone got to pick their jersey number before you and they got the one you wanted.
- It didn’t matter how many times your coach “guaranteed” to have washed the practice bibs, you knew they would be drenched in sweat and refused to wear them.
- You couldn’t help but get defensive whenever someone told you that football was “just a game.”
- You believed that the higher the number of juggles, the better player you were. Especially if it was done with something that wasn’t a football.
- You found yourself playing with turf beads in the middle of practice.
- Speaking about turf, those burns were unforgettable, you still have all your scars from them.
- And if those weren’t enough, remember when you would get smacked with the ball only to find that you were left with the print. But no worries, it always felt good to showcase a battle scar.
- Your shin guards would smell terrible. Your bag was no exception. It reeked so bad that not even your dog would come near it.
- All your practices seemed worth it when you were able to bust out a skill trick during a game.
- Those times you managed to make a perfect pass and all your teammate had to do was score...but they didn’t. YOU HAD ONE JOB!
- If you weren’t out on the field playing then you were at home watching your favorite team play.
Even if you were always sore and found yourself with no freetime, football helped you create iconic memories, a collection of medals and a new family of teammates. You wouldn’t change it for a thing in the world.
WHAT’S IN YOUR POCKET RIGHT NOW?
Follow Team Goluremi on Instagram: @teamgoluremi
Subscribe to Goluremi - Home of the Worlds Greatest Football Tutorials on Youtube: Will John
Brice, Norberto. “32 Things Only Soccer Players Would Understand.” BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed, 14 Aug. 2014, www.buzzfeed.com/norbertobriceno/soccer-is-life-the-rest-is-details.
Williams, Samatha. “27 Signs You Grew Up Playing Soccer.” The Odyssey Online, Odyssey, 26 Oct. 2017, www.theodysseyonline.com/27-signs-grew-playing-soccer.
Top Five Things to Know about the 2022 FIFA World Cup
With just a blink of an eye, four years have come and gone once again...
COVID-19 and the fall of the English
Everyone believed that by the end of 2021, normalcy would return. Instead a new variant...
Top 10 Football Moments of 2021
If there was a highlight that everyone in the world was hoping to celebrate in...
Tragic deaths among football stars
If there is one guarantee in life, it is the fact that one day it...
Your Guide to 2021's Summer Transfers
If anyone tried to predict everything that would be happening this summer, no one would...
Four things you should know about the Ronaldo and Messi Debut
The years-long controversy between the two biggest names in football, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi...
Five Things you should know about Messi and PSG
After an unexpected exit from team FC Barcelona, all eyes have been fixed on what...
Actor or Football Player?
Apart from being recognized as the world’s greatest and most popular sport, football has the...
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO BECOMING A PRO FOOTBALLER
HOW TO GO PRO IN 2022 On the verge of giving up on your...
Empowering women through the game
The mission of Goluremi is simple. We want to provide youth players access to first-class soccer training...
Top Five Maradona Moments
Known as the world’s greatest, Diego Armando Maradona passed away on November 25, 2020, causing...
Want to be part of the top 1%? Follow these four steps.
As much as many want to become professional football players, the truth is that...
STOP using your size as an excuse!
You show up to tryouts and everybody's 6ft plus, ripped and faster than the Flash. You're a scrawny,...
15 THINGS ONLY A REAL FOOTBALLER UNDERSTANDS
For the love of the game, you tolerated a lot of things. Some of them...
Top Five Mistakes that make you suck
You go to practice everyday. Maybe even work out to build muscle strength. You’ve been...
Cristiano Ronaldo: Egocentric or Misunderstood?
Mirror Mirror on the wall, Am I the greatest and the hottest of them all?...
5 THINGS THAT SEPARATE MESSI, RONALDO & ELITE ATHLETES - ft. Jim Afremow (SPORT PSYCHOLOGIST)
WHY YOU WON’T BOYCOTT THE QATAR WORLD CUP
MESUT ÖZIL REINCARNATES | SOCCER SEX SCANDAL? - B&T Podcast
WILL THE USA QUALIFY FOR THE 2022 WORLDCUP??
MESSI REGRETS P$G MOVE | TRUMP 2024 IS HAPPENING | RACIST ANNOUNCER IS WOKE
MESSI WON'T LEAVE | IGGY AZAELA ACCUSED OF BLACKFISHING - B&T Podcast EP. 49
THE TRUTH BEHIND THE QATAR 2022 WORLD CUP - BOYCOTT QATAR??
THESE FEMALE FOOTBALLERS WANT TO TO PLAY WITH MEN!
THIS GOALIE KILLED A CHICKEN DURING A GAME.... AND COULD GO TO PRISON FOR 1 YEAR!