Actor or Football Player?
26 Jul 04:25 Daisy Garcia Montoya
Apart from being recognized as the world’s greatest and most popular sport, football has the reputation of being dramatic as f*ck. Players will literally throw themselves onto the pitch in hopes of drawing a foul in their favor. To make matters more believable, players roll and sometimes even cry...how pathetic.
Based on some of the most noteworthy appearances, you'd think that these players are actors trying to score an Academy Awards nomination due to the dedication they have for drama. For the best acting appearances on the pitch, here are our Oscar Nominees for the Best Fake Foul in Football Category:
- Messi, considered by many as the goat, but would a goat bump into another player then spin like a little princess and fall? We will let you decide but from our book...we all know it was a total act.
2. What is going on or in other words, WTF? Only seconds after nearly sharing an intimate moment that nearly turned into a kiss, #27 decides to risk it all to earn an Oscar nomination. The action goes from 0-100 real quick as #27 goes on with the skit and actually gets away with it. To make matters worst, despite being the one at fault, the opposite team was awarded the red card instead. Sometimes you have to act a fool and take one for the team.
- If you're surprised Ronaldo is on this list, you're literally delusional. Ronaldo's top three skills include being a legendary player, arrogant and an actor. His inspiration to take on acting? A three year-old having a tantrum. Look at him roll...could be better. Rating: 8/10
Not only does the World Cup bring on a different level of competition, it also creates the most ultimate motion picture movies. Here's two short films that exhibit the acting talent football players hold.
- The year is 2014. The World Cup is down to the Round of 16 with Mexico playing against the Netherlands. The score is a 1-1 tie running on extra time. With time on the clock and wanting to secure a late goal, Robben decided to take a dive into the field and perform quite an act. The hands in the air? That shocked look? Impressive. The Netherlands were awarded with a penalty kick, advancing to the quarterfinals and crushing the hearts of Mexicans around the world. Robben later admitted to diving on purpose in hopes of a call from the referee but claims that the penalty awarded was an actual foul. Real or Myth? No words. To this day, Mexicans mourn by saying No era penal.
2. The international superstar that took the world on hold, Mbappé, quickly mastered the injured act during his first huge debut on the national French team. One minute he is fine but the next he is doing a backflip, even the Uruguayans seemed distraught with his performance.
At this point, it is fact that anyone can fall during a match and get rewarded. We don't recommend pulling a stunt to get a foul and score a goal. As a football player, you should rely on your skill but if you must and you have the skills for acting, go for it. Fall, roll, and add a few tears if you really want to impress. Maybe it'll work in your favor or people will absolutely make fun of you for it. The choice is yours.
Top Five Things to Know about the 2022 FIFA World Cup
With just a blink of an eye, four years have come and gone once again...
COVID-19 and the fall of the English
Everyone believed that by the end of 2021, normalcy would return. Instead a new variant...
Top 10 Football Moments of 2021
If there was a highlight that everyone in the world was hoping to celebrate in...
Tragic deaths among football stars
If there is one guarantee in life, it is the fact that one day it...
Your Guide to 2021's Summer Transfers
If anyone tried to predict everything that would be happening this summer, no one would...
Four things you should know about the Ronaldo and Messi Debut
The years-long controversy between the two biggest names in football, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi...
Five Things you should know about Messi and PSG
After an unexpected exit from team FC Barcelona, all eyes have been fixed on what...
Actor or Football Player?
Apart from being recognized as the world’s greatest and most popular sport, football has the...
THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO BECOMING A PRO FOOTBALLER
HOW TO GO PRO IN 2022 On the verge of giving up on your...
Empowering women through the game
The mission of Goluremi is simple. We want to provide youth players access to first-class soccer training...
Top Five Maradona Moments
Known as the world’s greatest, Diego Armando Maradona passed away on November 25, 2020, causing...
Want to be part of the top 1%? Follow these four steps.
As much as many want to become professional football players, the truth is that...
STOP using your size as an excuse!
You show up to tryouts and everybody's 6ft plus, ripped and faster than the Flash. You're a scrawny,...
15 THINGS ONLY A REAL FOOTBALLER UNDERSTANDS
For the love of the game, you tolerated a lot of things. Some of them...
Top Five Mistakes that make you suck
You go to practice everyday. Maybe even work out to build muscle strength. You’ve been...
Cristiano Ronaldo: Egocentric or Misunderstood?
Mirror Mirror on the wall, Am I the greatest and the hottest of them all?...
5 THINGS THAT SEPARATE MESSI, RONALDO & ELITE ATHLETES - ft. Jim Afremow (SPORT PSYCHOLOGIST)
WHY YOU WON’T BOYCOTT THE QATAR WORLD CUP
MESUT ÖZIL REINCARNATES | SOCCER SEX SCANDAL? - B&T Podcast
WILL THE USA QUALIFY FOR THE 2022 WORLDCUP??
MESSI REGRETS P$G MOVE | TRUMP 2024 IS HAPPENING | RACIST ANNOUNCER IS WOKE
MESSI WON'T LEAVE | IGGY AZAELA ACCUSED OF BLACKFISHING - B&T Podcast EP. 49
THE TRUTH BEHIND THE QATAR 2022 WORLD CUP - BOYCOTT QATAR??
THESE FEMALE FOOTBALLERS WANT TO TO PLAY WITH MEN!
THIS GOALIE KILLED A CHICKEN DURING A GAME.... AND COULD GO TO PRISON FOR 1 YEAR!